Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What is Chantix?

EmmanuelEEmmanuel Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Stop Smoking
Hey....
basically Chantix is a type of prescription-only medication used to help people stop smoking. It contains the drug varenicline
advertisement

Comments

• HI,
    It's a drug to help stop smoking....you still smoke for a week or so, while it builds up in your system, then you stop and it helps the cravings. It works on the norepinephrine in your brain and takes away the pleasure that smoking gives one. However, that brain chemical, when altered can cause hallucinations and
    other "mind games"... Personally, I would not use it, as some antidepressants also work on that chemical and for me, the hallucinations were very confusing while trying to drive- got off that after 2 pills!
  • Chantix is a medication that blocks the brain's receptors responsible for nicotine addiction. It is very effective. My friend is currently taking it and hasn't used tobacco since. The side effects are minimal.
  • jhonfloverjjhonflover Posts: 1
    edited 08/27/2012 - 11:39 PM
    Chantix is also a non-nicotine prescription medicine and mostly developed to help adults 18 and over quit smoking. Approximately 7 million people in the U.S. have already been most prescribed CHANTIX. It mostly works in two ways such as nicotine receptors in the brain, attaches to them, and blocks nicotine from reaching them. Chantix most activates these receptors, causing a reduced release of dopamine compared to nicotine.
  • I used Champix to quit and I only took one a day but I had a lot of major side effects like nightmares and feeling really awful. I stopped taking the pills after a few weeks because of the side effects but now no more cravings. If I can do it you can too. Just keep trying.

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement