Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

double surgery

javertjjavert Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Is this common?

A MIS TLIF is done, and it is discovered through CAT Scans one of the pedicle screws breeched the bone, because the test for that is not 100% reliable. So a second surgery is needed to reposition the screw.
If so, what would be the expected recovery from this 2nd surgery?

• So, has anyone ever heard of this situation?
  • I haven't had my surgery yet, but I've read where others have had problems with their screws and hardware.

If you go to the top of the forum - do "search forum" and put in something like "pedicle screws" - and you'll see quite a few posts about them and problems/solutions that others have had.

I hop this helps a bit and keep us posted on what's going on, kay?
  • I don't know about repositioning the screws, but I had mine removed a couple months ago. It wasn't nearly as difficult as putting them in. In fact it was outpatient and I only spent about 2 hours after surgery at the hospital.
  • I am also suffering from this double sugary problem i cant have words to explain that what my situation is its very painful.
  • David,
    How long since your 2nd surgery?

Mine was July 8 (the initial was June 20, so they were very close together), and the pain remains extraordinarily high. I keep getting told we should see improvement very soon...but I am getting very worried. Don't want to be on these meds much longer.