Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck Pain on Left Side of Neck and Left Leg

Jewel2005JJewel2005 Posts: 59
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:55 AM in Chronic Pain
Neck Pain on Left Side of Neck and Left Leg

I've had pain on the left side of my neck for almost a year. I also have pain on my left leg that goes all the way into my toes. Could these symptoms be related to eachother?
advertisement

Comments

• What are your issues with your neck? It is possible that certain discs in your neck can affect your leg and foot. If you do a search for a dermatome map, you can see where the nerve paths travel throughout and can affect different parts of your body. You should really discuss this with your doctor however, as it all depends on what your issues are and at what levels. Or it could also be your lower back, or you could have completely separate issues with your leg. Your doctor can order the appropriate tests (MRI, EMG, etc) to figure out what the underlying problem is.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Hi

I've wanted to have tests done but my insurance was cut off and I'm getting a ton of bills so haven't been able to see anyone. I'm getting treatment at a hospital paying a sliding scale and have told them about my symptoms and still waiting to get referred to a neurologist by them. Thank you for your reply.
This discussion has been closed.