Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Financial Help To Pay For SCS Device?

mikey1975777mmikey1975777 Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I have adhesive arachnoiditis, and both my pain management physician and ortho surgeon have suggested that I have an SCS implanted. The problem is, my insurance only covers the procedure, not the actual device, which is the most expensive part of the whole deal (makes no sense to me). I've tried the manufacturers, but they don't offer any assistance programs, and I can't seem to find any good resources online.

Does anyone know of an organization or charity that might help with the costs of the SCS device? Any help would be appreciated :)

• I would file a complaint against the insurance company. The devise is part of the surgery and they have to cover it. There has to be a way to get the insurance to cover it geting the right paperwork fwom the dr that it is a medical must and has to be done. But have you had a trial to make sure it works already.? I have to assume you had a trial because if you did not then its posibly if it dont help then its premature posibly to worry about it for now.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    If you find out the manufacturer of the device .... you can go to their website and see if they have a program for "underfunded" situations.

Many times manufacters have "foundations" that can benefit the users of their devices.

Hopes for increased pain relief!!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!