Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

losing my mind please help

hollywoodhhollywood Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey guys

Its me again well yesterday I found out what work would go for me on my surgery about accomendating it and they inform that they wouldn't be able to help me because i don't have anything left and left me in a small ready by myself to cry. Its like they don't give 2 cents about u and I would understand if I was new to the company but hell I have been there 4 yrs and they since me with these problems and to top it off they said that they would be able to help me til june of next yr (some company that says the care about there employees, so now I going back to my dr to see if he thinks I can make it til then but i am to the point of saying my life is more important to me and get this done once and for all and hopfully this time around I will find a great company in this world that actually cares when u need a helping hand. because i am soo tried of being in pain and look at like freak. has anyone ever been through this hell before

• Not to sure if I understand this or not, but could your doctor put you on some kind of personal leave or something? That way your work has to comply. The company I worked for were pretty great but it was unionized so there wasn't much work could do. I believe your well being is more important but that also depends on the job market and how well and soon are you going to be able to work. Even if your dr could put you on stress leave for the time being?? Sorry if I'm completely off topic or said anything offensive, I am very new at this. I feel so bad for you and I would not want to be in that position either. Hope things work out for you! Take care of yourself!! :)
  • companies want all there employees to be fit and well and work like dogs ! in an ideal world .if someone becomes ill then {and they wont admit it} all you become is a burden to them .so they either make life impossible for you so you leave or they find some way of sacking you ..there are the exceptions .when i worked for ADT uk they were very good and tried to find me a job i could do .but when i was unable to do that they let me have 12 months off on full pay then when it became evident that i would not be returning to work they .pensioned me off i even got my ..been there for ever clock ! and i have only been working there for 7 years rather than the 45 i should have been ! i don't know if there policies are the same now with all the cut backs ...but like i said as soon as you become ill no mater how good your were and how invaluable you though you were ..illness and work don't mix!
    good luck
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • The company your work for is like many, it's just business. Comanies only care for you when you are not impacting the bottom line. Once you do that you are a problem. Smaller companies can't afford to not have people at their best.

If your pain is that bad got get fixed then go find another job or suck it up. You don't really have much in the way of options. You are far from alone. Many people face this everyday. Our parents, the previous generation, had "jobs for life". There is no such thing anymore.
  • Hi holywood. What kind of surgery are we talking? And where are you from if i may ask. I am just curious if your job is here in the united states or posibly other country? If its not a work related injury then company has no obligation to assist you as far as i know.

Unless its a very good company that has fmla to assist you in holding your position under the family medical leave act to have the surgery and return to the job after surgery. You would have to look in to that if it posibly aplies to you where you work.

But as i said i am not sure if they have the same rules at other counties if you are not from the united states. Best of luck to you,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,