Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

newly diagnosed

305meli3305meli Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Fibromyalgia
Hi my names Melissa I am 30 yrs old I Just got diagnosed on Tuesday Doc gave me Gabapentin and Risperidone he said the Risperidone would help me sleep,it hasn't helped me sleep at all,But I have noticed its helped with my mood,any suggestions on what to tell my doc? Should I wait till my next appointment which is in a month or should I call on Monday and let him know whats going on? Please I am losing my mind I need to sleep I am a SAHM to 3 kids under 10 I need to get my rest.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,446
    Usually it takes awhile for meds to work, but I have no idea what that would be and you should probably ask your doctor.

When I make future appointments with my doctor..he has told me to call sooner if I need him.

So, I would think you could call and talk with doc or the nurse about your response to the meds and when to expect desired effects.

In the meantime, try to rest whenever you can... whenever kids are settled or quiet..you know?
    Maybe you have some friends who would be happy to help watch the kids or help you in other ways if they only knew what to do. You may need to ask.

Let us know what doctor says. Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Like Savage,

I would let my doctor know. It is (meds) helping, but you have concerns. He (she?) needs to know where you are at. I myself have found it amazing that adding this or that drug, (yuck hehehe) makes x drug work better if that makes sense?

Like Savage, give a call to your surgeon... It keeps him in the loop, and too he/she will be better equipped to help you out? I hope you are feeling better soon. :<

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi, My name is Shelly, and the doctors 'think' this is what I have...I, too, was just diagnosed this month and I just joined this forum tonight...I think it looks like we are in good company, sadly...