Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hyperextended back

Fisherdan32FFisherdan32 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
During gym a few days ago, On the bench press I hyperextended my back (outwards), and have felt pain around my thoracic area for 4 days. My lower back is abit sore, But its not as bad as my thoracic. I can still do normal stuff, walk around with a heavy bag on my back, run. etc. Its when im sitting down and not doing anything I tend to feel pain around that area...

I dont wanna go to the doctors cause I just dont feel its like a serious problem. And I dont really wanna tell my mum what i did... I put an ice pack on my back for a while and that hasnt done much.

Any advice on how to speed up the recovery?
By the way Im 17...




  • Dan the best way to speed up recovery would likely be to go to the doctor. If you start feeling any numbness or tingling, loss of sensation in your legs or chest/back etc. you will need to see a doctor no matter what.

    A doc may offer oral steroids and/or some kind of anti-inflamitory medication (such as motrin or ibuprofen) and tell you to stay in bed resting for a few days. Do not try to strecth it out (we all feel like we need to stretch but it is the wrong thing for a newly injured back). Once things settle down then you can stretch (after the pain subsides). Also use ice or ice & heat (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off). Don't leave the ice on for more than 20 minutes and don't leave the heat on for more than 20 minutes....

    Feel better,

  • Thanks alot!
    My mum was like, "Ohh it will be fine just give it some time". Which is really odd because she is always way too overprotective. Ill give it 2 days time, If I still have pain like I do now... Ill go to the doctors on my own.


Sign In or Register to comment.