Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need to slim down for my sisters wedding

chattiecchattie Posts: 37
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Ever since I hurt my neck I am unable to exercise and I have put on weight I am feeling self concious about the weight gain and with my sisters wedding comming up in december I don't want to be the dicussion topic at the wedding I got asked on the weekend if I was pregnant I was mortified.

how can I lose the extra weight with out hurting myself

• You're unable to do some exercises. If you have a stomach big enough to appear pregnant. Then do some exercise to burn off that area. That can be done with diet (a big one) and walking at a mixed pace. It won't be all be gone by December, but you'll be making a step in the right direction.

It's a start.
  • Losing weight is very easy to do, when you know WHAT to do. I tried to do it for many years without success, because I was “dieting”. Eating less is not the answer. But, changing your diet is.

Count your regular maintenance calorie intake a day. Then lower it by 500. You’ll lose alot quicker this way.
  • Personaly i would just tell them yes i am pregnant and have a baby shower and get all the gifts and return the gifts for cash and use the money for a vacation and lay out on an island by the ocean eating fruit for 6 months, Hire a few cabana boys and enjoy my time out there untill i got skini and tell everyone the baby was kidnaped by pirates and they holding the kid for randsom and need to raise another 500 000 dollars to get him back,

Take the money back to the island and buy a house on the ocean and live hapily ever after, Git - ir- done,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Diet is a bad word. All our bodies are not created equal (:- ) There are a few rules: eliminate sugar, eat lots of healthy veggies and fruits, eat slowly and really enjoy it. I personally don't eat meat, I only eat chicken in home made chicken soup, I eat fish. some people need meat. We have to be careful for health with our protein foods, where they are coming from. Seems like you can walk. Be aware of your grains, not to overdo. READ your labels, educate yourself. You can do it. Be creative, it will be more fun. There is always help out there too for personal advice. Even weight watchers for support.

Leila deurell
  • Consult a physiotherapist........he'll give you best advice because a wrong advice may harm you more
This discussion has been closed.