Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Results C-Spine

caidensmommyccaidensmommy Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:57 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Can anyone shed some light? Waiting to get a appointment with neurosurgery when I saw him in 2009 he said PT and not to worry about it.

Thank you!!!!!!

These are the findings from my MRI in April of 2009:

I believe you were the one that answered my post at that time as well.... again thank you Jenny!!!!

There is no significant encroachment upon the thecal sac or neural canals from C7-T1 through T4-T5. At C2C3, there is very mild posterior disc buldging but no spinal stenosisor significant encroachment upon neural canals.

At C3-C4, there is mild posterior disc buldging and mild to moderate narrowing of the right neural canal at this level. There is no spinal stenosis at this level.

At C4-C5, there is mild posterior disc bulging and mild to moderate narrowing of the left neural canal due to uncovertebral spurring. The theal sac at this level measures at least10mm in AP dimension.

At C5-C6, there is mild posterior spurring and disc bulging. The thecal sac at this level measures 9.4mm in AP dimension. There is bilateral unconvertebral spurring at this level with mild to moderate right neural canal narrowing and moderately severe left neural canal narowing.

At C6-C7, There is a mild posterior disc herniation. The thecal sac at this level measures 10mm or more in AP dimension. There is Moderately severe narrowing of the left C6-C7 neural canal due to unconvertebral spurring.

2ND MRI done 10/5/2011 Findings:
At C5-6 there is mild posterior spurring contouring the ventral thecal sac. There is fairly severe narrowing of the left neural canal at this level.

At C6-7 there is mild posterior spurring and disk protrusion causing mild contouring of the ventral thecal sac. There is severe narrowing of the left neural canal at this level.

At C7-T1 there is no significant encroachment upon the thecal sac. However there is fairly severe narrowing of the left neural canal at this level progressive since prior exam.

Any thoughts I have weakness in left arm and hand and pain.

THANK YOU!
advertisement

Comments

• We aren't doctors so we can't really evaluate your MRI results. You can see from one MRI to the next it indicates more severe narrowing of 2 neural canals. I know with progressive MRIs there had been increasing impingement on the spinal chord. I had MRIs every 2-3 years and had PT and shots (which at least helped for a while) but eventually it was time for surgery.

I have L5S1 issues as well and I have started to go through shots for that. It is not fun, but I wish you luck with your appointment. Research as much as you can and write down as many questions as you have to go over with your doctor.
    KarenD
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.

• I was wondering what the deciding factor to go ahead with surgery was?

I am also interested that the injections helped for a while. What was causing your impingement on the cord?

I have been told that as my compression is being caused by osteodiscal bars (hard bone growth and calcified disc), the injections won't reduce them and are unlikely to help. Not sure if my Pain Consultant will want to try ESIs anyway. He is going to come in when I have my appointment with the neurosurgeon on Tuesday to review my full spine mri scan with us, and will give me a plan then to help me.

• caidensmommy
    to Spine Health.

As Karen has said, we are not allowed to evaluate MRI reports.

The change from 'moderate' to 'severe' narrowing does indicate that things have progressed.

Any weakness that starts to show itself, will generally be investigated and causes more concern than pain, numbness or tingling symptoms.

Do let us know how you get on, and ask any other questions you may have. We are a friendly bunch and will be glad to share our experiences and also hear how you progress.

I have also been told to try PT while they are watching how my cervical spondylosis progresses. I will find out on Tuesday when I get the results of my MRI scan done last week.

• Thank you everyone I understand only Dr. can give diagnosis but I am just trying to gather as much information and other experiences as I can prior to the NS appointment so that I may be educated and have a plan on what i am OK with and what I'm not OK with. Also to ask the right questions.

Again Thank You All for your support and feedback and good luck to you all as well I know how difficult it is to live with pain everyday...
advertisement