Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF recovery.

failed backffailed back Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Well had my ACDF and I must say that its not near as painful as lumbar fusion.The only thing is the throat feeling,the only thing is its just a sore throat,Even where they took bone from iliac crest,just a little sore.

• Great! Glad to hear you are doing well. Just don't over exert yourself!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • Well there is alot of differance in the Iv meds than a pill,the pain has keep me up and I cant get comfortable to sleep,my head feels 100lbs and im ready for the throat to stop hurting,this is not fun getting 2 hours sleep.
  • Sorry to hear you were still feeling throat pain but hopeful that as time has gone by, your pain has dissipated.

I am 10 days ACDF post op and am feeling pretty good except for the throat pain (not horrible, just annoying)and neck pain is really not an issue except for in the middle of the night. I wake up multiple times during the night due to having to wear that horrible hard brace even when I'm in bed. I sometimes think most of my middle of the night pain issues are directly related to the neck brace rather than the surgery. It's the only time I've been taking any pain pills. Once they hit me, I relax and all is good-until the same time the next night.

I see the doctor for my first follow up tomorrow night and am very hopeful that I can lose the brace, at least at night.

Feel better. :)