Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Symptom explanations with picture draw...

newherennewhere Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
So,since i cant get reliable answer why i have chronic pain i will give it a try with your help and opinions.
After 3 years i still dont know whats my source of pain :(
So picture explanation:
RED - dull ache that makes me scream. It's realy constant dull deep pain.
YELLOW - this is hard to explain but i will try :/ i dont know if this inside is muscle,nerve,ligament but i hate it.
When i move my left shoulder little bit front,i have feeling like something inside (in this yellow part) will fall apart. Like some stretch or something else i realy dont know what...???
BLUE - this area is so tight and painfull i fell my WHOLE left shoulder blade is SICK. On the right side it's allmost nothing. i have pain there ones per 2 month. So left - right 90% - 10%
Alot of muscle trigger points on the left side,that i think never will go away.
Sometime i get strange feeling that my left arm is "dead" and when i hold something with left arm my left SHOULDER BLADE get's dead. i canot hold,i dont have strenth there at all.
Sorry for long post,but with this maybe i can have some additional help from others.
Thank you alot. Damir

• What tests have you had from a dr? Mri? Ct? What was the dr,s opinion?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • And also wonder if you have ever had any injections in any of those areas? In my experience, when you have problems with your spine, muscle spasms often result and are very painful. The radiating nerve pain is painful, too. The site of the herniation, bulge, bone spur, or whatever causes all of the other pain is also, itself, painful.

So, I agree with Alexhurting that it would be helpful to know what any imaging studies have shown. Have you ever had a rotator cuff injury?

I hope you get this figured out soon.

Scoliosis and other problems at every level.

2013: C-5 to C-6 ADR
    2014: C-5 to C-6 fusion/revision of failed ADR
    2014: Total hip replacement, right

Cancelled multi-level fusion - fear being more crippled and in more pain.
  • So far a have 3 MRI. MRI showed small herniation at t6/t7. " TH6/TH7 small herniation,which reduce subarachoidal space. I had facet block injections,but heleped NOTHING.
    I try almost everything from chiro,acupressure,exercise,lot of pills but nothing. Pain is here 24/7.
    Rotator cuff? i dont think that this can lead to mid back area...but maybe does? any experience?
  • I know everyone is different, this is my experiences only...both of my brothers have had this surgery. One of them twice....he recently had the 2nd one done (same pitching arm) to the point where the labrum was torn completely. the point is over the yrs they never complained of any sort of back pain. They did however, complain of the front collarbone area and shoulder of course. T6,7& "8" I think are so diverse. They cover alot of areas and it sounds like you have alot. the muscles get sooo tight! have they offered to do a simple discectomy/laminectomy to see if this would help? It can't hurt for sure depending on the mri's...are the areas getting worse? is the herniation getting worse? etc. ? anyway good luck. It's not common for those of us who have thoracic issues to have them. when you stretch your arm out the nerves are angry and hurt I believe right where your yellow to blue areas are and the nerves don't like it. I have had scs implant placed too high up there then again to move it down then again due to an infection then again to put it back in so I can tell you even without herniation probably scar tissue has trapped some nerve and wow does it hurt when I use my arm certain ways (which i try not doing) where the yellow, lower blue areas, and for me alot under the scapula closer to the spinal cord. good luck !!!!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    For me the EMG was most revealing ..to doc..
    He was like...wow this is a mess..and this...

And my thoracic area has never responded well to the injections. In fact, even before I left the office the pain is worse and I am so overwhelmed with nausea and thank God..the vomiting waits til I get home. And the whole day is spent trying to get back to my "normal pain".

My pain is also 24/7...varying degrees of aweful.. but at least the pain meds keep me out of the ER and that is huge!

You picture is great! That red area is there for me too...always alive and kicking! Thanks for that pic.

You keep in touch! I would love to know how you are doing!
    Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Yeah now im going to further investigatim in germany. Costovertebral block,discography...etc...for me this red area is worst,cuz is dull and deep.