Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF 2 week post op

bedawgsbbedawgs Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Its been 2 weeks post op ACDF and still alot of neck pain and that stupid lump in throat.Im having food come up and it feels like its in my chest or im wondering if its the lump in my throat causing it.Has anyone had that feeling with the throat.

• There are many here including myself whom have had swallowing issues following ACDF. For most the symptoms will go away, just takes time. For others after the 3 mark and if it is still not better a swallowing test can be done to determine what the issue is, and what needs to be done to resolve it. Having had the surgery multiple times, had different results with the throat issues. One of the times it was a hardware issue and had to wait the fusion out, to have the hardware removed. On the other occasions it was muscle spasms and inflammation causing it. So hopefully for you that is all it is and it will subside in a few more weeks. If your still in a lot of pain, be sure to take your medications on schedule so the pain doesn't get ahead of you and your playing catch up. Also you heal faster when the pain is controlled.

Are you getting much walking in? Walking is so important, to maintain your core body. In my experience it was the only exercise I could do post surgery. Are you taking a good muscle relaxer? A lot of the pain post surgery was the muscle spasms and not just pain.

Hopefully you will begin to feel better. Remember everyone heals at a different rate, so don't try to compare your healing with someone else. Also try to measure your progress in weeks not days. Good luck and keep us post on your recovery and hopefully this will soon be something of the past and your out living a normal, busy, everyday life.