Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Emg and mri results differ?

Joan62JJoan62 Posts: 21
hi again. Im very confused. My mri showed l4 mild disc bulge yet my emg showed s1 radiculopathy. i have back pain, downward curling toes, altered sensation on sole of foot, dropfoot, .calf atrophy .and i limp,. i cant make sense of this?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I see you've posted before, but this is my first time reading. Nice to meet you. :)

But of course, sorry for what you're going through.
    I've been dealing with similiar symptoms and spinal issues for years and I still can't make sense of it.

If I wasn't living it, I'm not sure I would believe me... with all the bizarre pain and it moves around.. my feet and toes contorting to unbelievable positions.. and then the walk like is also all contorted. I'm quite a site :)

Useing a cane has helped SO much! It helps with the pain and a more steady gait.

Keep talking with your doctor and I for one would be interested in what he has to say. Thanks for shareing your situation.
    Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi.thanks for your reply. I just dont get why the mri says one thing and the emg says another. Any ideas on that?
  • Have you met with the doctor yet? They are different tests so hopefully, you doctor will have a more complete picture to help you.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I have gotten use to that. Sadly.

Not only tests differ...but each doctor reading the CDs. If two docs are outside...I don't think they'd agree on the weather.

Keep talking with the docs. Hopefully, there will be something that shows and help for your pain.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hi. I have a neuro but he said that the s1 abnormalily shown on the emg is too low for the l4 disc. Hes sending me to see a neurosurgeon but only to see if he can do anything. Im so scared. If i get sent away then ill be stuck not being able to walk forever.