Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facet Joint Injections

custhog47ccusthog47 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey gang!Im new to the forum...Im 3 months post L5-S1 discetomy.I couldn't walk till 2wks post op doc thought i had a stroks.5 days after surgery,hopitalized twice servere muscle spasims loss control of muscle.was diagnosss from a-z conversion disorder,foriegn accent syndrone doctors thought i had a stroke after second servere spasim langauge returned to normal. 7wks post op went to PT had a servere muscle spasim trying to lift 10pd wit legs on incline mach. out of 6wk PT 2wks comp' PT was canceled.If i strain laugh too hard talk to loud lift more than 10pd I have servere debilatating muscle spasims,, that changes my langauge.Have new Othr ped spec says my disc are to weak and my lower back muscle r over compensating causing spasims now 12wks post opt still rt leg numbness it gives out lower exstiminies weak doc said Facet Joint Injections will help. has anyone had this type of injections after surgery? will they stop the spasim? I still cant drive,very uncomfortable sitting doc said walking is bad for me,no what type of activity I do i swell up around incission and rt leg goes numb and gives out when doing rt leg lifts its to weak to straighten out uncontrollable shaking from spasims. any comment,sugestions,would be helpful thanks.