Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What'cha got cookin' for tomorrow spineys?

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Water Cooler
How many of you spineys are cooking dinner tomorrow? Are you hating it as much as I am? I love to cook but it's no fun anymore.

What are you having for dinner??

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    but for the Holidays, I've generally turned it over to my family.
    My wife, who is a great cook takes care of planning the holiday dinners.

Now, for the past 4 or 6 years, my daughter has taken over Thanksgiving. So , she does all the cooking for that. My wife will make an extra Turkey and her stuffing, but the rest is my daughter to do.

For Christmas, its our house and my wife does the cooking. I will help out planning the meal.

And for a special treat, my son, the formal chef and private chef is currently on a leave from his previous client. So, he has had more time to come up here, plan and cook dinners. Right now, he is on a cheese making avenue. He has been making (with some of my limited help) fresh mozarella. Finding the right milk, right temperatures and he has it done really good. Next week, he is tackling some hard cheeses. So, over the next several months we will have a special cheese fridge to age the cheeses.

Now, for me, once, I get back on my feet some more, I will be back to cooking.

But for now, its sit back and enjoy everyone else doing the cooking.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I plan on smoking a couple turkeys with apple wood,the rest my wife and relatives will take care of. I love this time of year all the great food and family coming together.

Happy Thanks Giving to all
  • I will be making cookies and going over to my aunt and uncles house. She is a spiney too (neck and back) and will be cooking with the help of my cousins.

All that cheese sounds good Ron!! I have recently discovered fresh expensive cheese. Who knew it tasted so much different.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Good food! It all sounds great. I've been cooking all day getting a head start on tomorrow.

Ron, I love cheese. I crave it sometimes and now you've put it in my mind...hmmm...

berg, I've never had a smoked turkey but it sounds good. I always fix a ham and a turkey because hubby and I don't care for turkey but smoked, maybe.

Donna, cookies I can eat anytime. Especially homemade. They smell sooooo good don't they?

I really don't eat a lot but I love the smells. My brother walked in the kitchen today and said, "ah, it smells like a holiday". I love it when my family enjoys my meals...that's what it's all about. Being together and being thankful for our many blessings. The good stuff.

I wish you all the very best. I'm thankful for all of my SH family.

• My college children are home and we have enjoyed cooking together today. Pies are made, a couple of salads ready to go, a tray of goodies is set out tempting me--calling me to come EAT ME, EAT ME-- but I shall wait until tomorrow. My mother is cooking the turkey and stuffing. I get to do everything else. This is a time I am very grateful to have 4 daughters who love to cook and will help me.

Smoked turkey is delicious!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. This is one year I do have a very thankful heart and will try to remember that as we go through the day tomorrow.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I use to enjoy cooking and baking for family/friends for the holidays too. I miss not being able to do it all, especially this time of year, thanksgiving is the one meal everyone seems to enjoy and appreciate above all others. However, this year, we debated whether or not to cook, go out, or order a meal cooked to heat up. We decided to do the unthinkable and ordered the meal plus fixin's from our local store. We'd heard good reports from others so we thought the worst thing is we'll end up eating pb&j and learn a lesson. LOL! Actually, it was really good and we made our traditional fav sides so it worked out well. My husband and son have had to do most of the work with my supervision for several years now so they were happy to have less work! LOL! When Navy son is home for Christmas we'll all pitch in for a more a homemade meal. And who knows what we'll try next year. We've been learning to trade some traditions in to enjoy making new ones.

Just to brag a bit I raised good boys that can cook wonderful meals and will pitch in to help in the kitchen anytime needed. Our son in the Navy cooked turkeys(2 fried/1 oven) and all traditional sides for 20 of his friends/mates that needed family/food today! He's going to be a daddy now and I can't wait to watch him passing our traditions of baking cookies, etc. with my grandbaby!

Hope your day was special and you are taking time to rest now!