Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello again an update...

custompaintdaveccustompaintdave Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Chronic Pain
I went to the pain clinic today and talked to my Dr about switching to a generic pain medicine since I will be losing my health insurance in January. She switched me to Morphine ER 60 Mg twice daily. She also increased my Lyrica to 75 Mg twice daily. Took me off cymbalta to see if I noticed an increase in pain. If I did she would restart me on it. I am trying to get off as much meds as possible because when I get terminated from my job in January my financial situation will go from bad to worse so I need to save as much as possible.

• I will keep you in my thoughts. Cyber hug
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Look at your bottle that your meds come in and find the maker of the drug. Go to their web site and find the patient assistant programs. I have a girlfriend that I just helped get all her drugs for free or the cost of shipping every month. There was not a program for Morphine so her doctor changed her to a brand name, Kadian which there is a drug program for. Once you are approved it is good for a year. Your doctor must fill out the paper work for approval and fax your scripts to them once per month. Her meds were costing her almost 1000. per month, now she pays a total of 40.00. If I remember correct the doctor charged her 50.00 for the original paper work to get the assistance started. If you need help, give me your email address and I will send you the forms
  • I agree with Susan and if you go to the drug company's website they will help you pay for your medications. I know MS Contin was a good medication for me also even though I had to take it every 8 hours after it wore off after 6 hours.

Cymbalta has a program like that at their website also. I found good relief from the Cymbalta for nerve pain and it also helps my back pain and I don't feel so spaced out like I did with Lyrica but still take a small dose of Lyrica as it seems to help my neck pain better.

Sorry you're getting terminated from your job. Don't they have any benefits for short or long term disability? Hopefully you can get unemployment benefits that can stretch into sick benefits or hopefully you can apply for Disability. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thank you for the suggestion. I will have to look into that. I am currently looking into seeing what I have to do to be seen at my local VA hospital since I did serve in the Marines from 1998-2002. From what I have heard all prescriptions are only $10 but must be prescribed by a Dr at the VA hospital. I emailed the local VA benefits rep yesterday and hope to hear something next week.
This discussion has been closed.