Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

emg and more

jenniferojjennifero Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Lower Back Pain
I have good news. I have no nerve damage or problems. I still have bad muscle spasms in my leg and back though. The doctor told me I could take the tramadol every 4hrs instead of 6 for the next few days or so due to me falling on friday and really getting things messed up due to the amount of pain I am in. the emg made things worse as I can't stand for more than a few min at a time without a lot of pain and it still feels like i am being zapped from when she did the test yesterday and i also have swelling where she stuck the probes on me to do the zapping part of the test not the needle part of it.

i didn't sleep much lastnight so i am going to try and take a nap or 2 today if things ever calm down as I am very tired. I did an all nighter. I have been up 26hrs so far as I got up at 530 yesterday am.

Does anyone have any good advice for me?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ...about your EMG results, but I know pain is pain.
    Whereever it is coming from or whatever is causing it.

I know for myself and a lot of people here, the sleep gets all messed up with this pain situation.
    For me, I had a sleep study, because awake for days at a time...truly thought I would go crazy.

Even though I don't feel it, movement disorder..so doc gave me med and it helps...but that means that now I only have 2 nights a week that I am without sleep..often in a row.
    Couple nights of 4 hours and couple few nights of full sleep.

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• did I underestimate the level of pain you took in the test? hope you feel better!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Putting ice on the areas of your legs will help for 15 minutes about every 4 hours. I had an EMG also a few weeks ago and had a bruise and a painful muscle for about a week after. I hope it calms down for you soon and get your rest. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.