Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Osteoarthritis pain relief remedy

jasonvijayjjasonvijay Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
Hi everyone I am Jason Vijay.

I've been suffering from osteoarthritis on both my hips since I was 14 years old. By the way, I'm 32 now.My right hip was badly crippled and I had a surgery(fusion)done in year 1997.
Since then, my left leg started deteriorating at a faster pace until I started taking glucosamine sulphate with chondroitin in 2003. The supplement did a great deal of help in slowing down the progression rate and managed to keep my left hip from going under the knife.Just recently the pain on the left hip became intense and itseemed like the glucosamine sulphate has lost the battle.
Fearing for the worse,I started googling to find for cures,any cures, that can save my hip. That's when I came across a forum regarding the benefits of apple cider vinegar(ACV). In that forum, a woman claimed that after taking ACV, her arthritis pain vanished completely. there were some others as well who claim that they have seen much improvement in mobility and noticed a drastic drop in pain since consuming ACV.
After reading that forum I immediately went out to get myself a bottle of ACV.
I took ACV with honey and after only a couple of days, I have noticed a big difference. The pain just went away and my hips felt stronger than ever. I have just taken the apple cider vinegar for roughly 2 weeks now but I can tell you the result is imminent.
So, for those who are suffering like me should consider this remedy and I strongly believe it can help you too.
Before you decide to try this remedy, I advise you to find more information regarding ACV from the net or your health physician.

Things to remember :

1. Buy Apple Cider Vinegar that is unfiltered which has it's 'mother'. I suggest the brand Bragg.

2. Mix the ACV with honey or otherwise you will have a torrid time swallowing due to it's acidity.

3. I use a ratio of 1:1 (i tbs of acv and 1 tbs of honey) with 8 oz of water. Some people also use a ratio of 2:1.

I know how much osteoarthritis hurts and i just want to share this with you all.

Thank you.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    This original post is based on personal experiences and perhaps some other interactions.
    There is no proven medical facts that can back this up.
    Vinegar has long been considered a cure for so many different aliments. Some come from old wifes tales, from folk lore, etc

It is very important that before you try any non formerly approved treatment you contact your doctor to get their approval

I have tried this vinegar approach, did it for a year (it wasnt for arthritis, but for a stomach problem). Nothing changed, except that I really started to like vinegar and honey mix and I eventually starting making my own vinegar.

So, please dont go running out to by Bragg vinegar!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • At this point in my chronic pain issues and now I have OA in my knees I will try anything! Looks like I will need arthroscope on both my knees to clean them up. I'm concerned since my Father had both knees replaced starting at age 54. I may try the vinegar and let you know. Charry

PS Ron very creative to make your own vinegar. Do you make your own wine too?
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • You are welcome. I really hope that acv will also work for you. Just like you I was also desperate to try it because I was left with no other alternatives and all I wanted was to save my hip. Though it has not been medicallly proven that acv can either cure or improve osteoarthritis or any other arthritis, a lot of people seem to have benefitted from consuming it. That includes me of course. Do you take glucosamine sulphate? If you do, dont stop taking it. Keep taking it also.Good luck.
  • Thanks for the info Ron. I'll keep that in mind.
This discussion has been closed.