Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had ACDF almost 3 weeks ago c5-6 & c6-7 no pain

MarykayMMarykay Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:H O:) Hi. I had 2-Level ACDF almost 3 weeks ago. I woke up in recovery with no pain. I have not had any pain since the surgery. I had been terrified of the surgery until God got my attention. If your a Christian, and you have brothers and sisters praying for you, your better off than some one who does not know our LORD. The first 3 nights I had a hard time to lay down. Felt that I had to hold my head to lay down. I didn't trust the new hardware. After those first few nights, I found it was safe to lay down, that I would not hurt my neck. I try to keep my lifting under 10 lbs. I know, I was told to keep it under 5 lbs. That's hard to do when you feel fine. My fingers on my right hand are still numb. I hear that can take many months. My arm and hand no longer aches like its broken. To my surprise, I no longer have to rush to the bathroom anymore. I no longer have urgent, frequent urination! What a freedom! I feel so much better since surgery. :H :H :H

• What an encouragement to read your post. Thank you for taking the time to come and post it.

I agree about the prayers making a difference.
    I had a lumbar fusion in March 2010, and the medical staff and my family couldn't believe how well my recovery went. I am still facing spinal problems and a possible/likely cervical fusion at some point. I know that if necessary I can face this with Him by my side.

Keep up the good healing
    >:D< >:D< >:D<

• you woke up after surgery in no pain? consider yourself very lucky!! I had 2 level ACDF surgery five months ago (July 2011), and had to beg for my Neurontin because I had forgotten to bring some with me to the hospital. First month after surgery was pure hell with lots of pain. Fifth weeks things settled down somewhat. I've cut my Neurontin dosages in half, but even then every day still is very painful. I'm pretty sure the key to recovery outcome is how long you've had your nerve compression, and whether it was gradual, like from DDD, or suddenly from a traumatic accident. It sucks to go through life every day in constant pain.