Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Antrax Vaccine reaction, pain caused by immune system

cynobyteccynobyte Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I have several severe illnesses linking from the anthrax vaccines I received while serving over 10 years ago. I'm diagnosed with fibromyalgia, systemic lupus, polyarteritis nodosa, anklosing spondelitis, 6 masses in my brain, large mass in left femur, kidney stones, liver problems, not natural thyroid or testosterone production, and the list goes on. I take hormones, fentynol, oxycodone, lyrica, motrin, was taking cytoxan for over a year but now on a different chemo pill daily. basically im doing chemo so my immune system is compromised so it doesnt do anymore damage to my body. It now thinks everything is foreign. (Thank you uncle sam) Its been so bad from the pain and not being able to get out of the house due to pain and mental problems, I am also seeing a councelor. As well, I am seeing a rhumatologist, neurologist, oncologist, hemotologist, 2 primary care drs (both va and civilian). I am getting state aid, and help from the VA. All the doctors know it is from the anthrax vaccines, but i get no disability anywhere since it is not a real disease? And I'm still waiting for SSI disability since they are backlogged for 3 years? Its been bad, we are putting off xmas with our 2 kids until next year when I hopefully can sell the rest of my tools to buy them presesnts, nice dad huh? they are teens and understand at least.

what I am asking, is that from all this, my pain is so bad that if my family was not here, I'd have been gone a long time ago. The pain is everywhere. The drugs I am taking are maxing out and not working. I already sleep 16 plus hrs per day. I sit 1-2 hrs a day in the hottub and its the only thing that actually takes alot of the pain away.. but that is when it is working and we can afford it.

the pain is everywhere! I can tell when the weather changes since it puts me to sleep and the pain is all over. the feeling is shocking numbness to pain in the back and all extremeties. I already had c2 nerves cut on both side and it took the pain from my chest away. but I have been hearing good things about these spinal stimulators. I am to see a doctor about one, but he is booked for a couple more months. I just want to know if these units can block alot of these pains? anyone out there with lupus and polyarteritis nodosa that have one of these units? any ideas on them and what to expect and ask for. I cant take this much longer. I really dont want to take the easy way out! I want to take care of my family. thanks for your help

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    ...don't want"to take the easy way out"... because it's really not easy on anyone.

I can understand your relentless pain and you are not alone. You found a great site here to get info, share, vent...whatever..

It's good you had a procedure that took away some of your pain and good reminder that there may be something else out there to help reduce the other pain.

I take hot baths..sometimes 12 a day to try to get the pain to stop it's screaming... to a quite gnawing..

The spinal stimulators..like all else...work better on some people than others...but anything worth a try.

Re' disability...I went straight to an attorney and rec'd it within six months. They never gave me a clear diagnosis...but it's permanent.
    I don't know how to be patient enough or understand the way the system works and denies people..enough.. hence..the attorney.

You do not pay out of your pocket..so it really is win-win.

It sounds like you have a loving family. Please try not to be too hard on yourself. I have a feeling you expect more from yourself than you ever would if a friend was suffering as you are. So really now is a good time to be the best friend to yourself!

Keep communicating with doc and hopefully attorney and I pray for the very best for you.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History