Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar Dynamic stabilisation for destabilized discs

MyladycleoMMyladycleo Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I'm a 47 year old woman who has been fused from C-7 to C-6on 10/2/2003 and then C-6 to C-4 on 12/2/2003. I was back on 12/28/2005 to have C-7 to C-6 Refused and had my back vertebra fused and wired.

On 12/25/2011 I began dealing with chronic pain in my Lumbar back area. On 1/4/12 I had an MRI on my low back and now know that L-5 to L-4 is ruptured and L-4 to L-3 and L-3 to L-2 are both bulging.

A Question about Lumbar Dynamic stabilization in connection with Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD). I found a web site http://www.popovic.com.au/surgery_spinal.html#3 that talked about a procedure to take the place of fusion in the Lumbar spine. From the info on your boards it sound like it didn’t work that well.

But I got to thinking about using posterior Dynamic stabilization with rods on discs that are bulging or destabilizing in the Lumbar discs without removal of the disc.

Has this been done and if so what were the long term affects did this slow further destabilization of the discs?