Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

buttocks pain

calbemanbhnccalbemanbhn Posts: 2
hello all and thanks for your time. i have had pain in the right buttocks for a year or so, seen a back cracker that has staighten the back and removed the pain from there, however the right buttocks is still in alot of pain i keep telling them that but no help. pain is in the right buttocks only not down the the leg or foot just the buttocks please any help laying on floor with feet up on couch no to little pain walking as little pain laying flat pain unable to put on socks without major pain in the buttocks PLEASE ANY HELP WILL DO!!!!


  • I see you have seen a chiropractor but you don't mention whether or not you've seen a doctor.

    The buttocks is interesting b/c it could be from hip or back. Either way, it might be worth a call to your doctor who can refer you to a specialist...maybe an orthopedic spine or hip type doctor.

    I know this doesn't help much.
  • Classic sciatic pain. I would go see a Dr and get an MRI, make sure there is not some huge extrusion down there.
  • thank you all yes did see a

    thank you all yes i have seen a reg. doc but he is just a "pill" doctor guess i do need a spec. doctor

  • Yes it does sound like you have nerve irritation I would go see a specialist orthopaedic/spine doc next perhaps have a scan to identify the problem.

    The sooner it is treated the better there are many treatments from physiotherapy to nerve blocks,they usually take this route before surgery as it's less invasive, nerve blocks can identify the exact area causing your pain providing they hit the spot during the procedure,my pain doc treated different levels to identify the exact spot.some work some don't.

    There is a possibility tight muscle could put pressure on the nerves,cold and hot packs could help as this contracts and relaxes muscle.,possibly a TENS if it's muscle physiotherapist recommend this for my neck muscles.

    Sciatic pain for many years/surgery last nov and recovering.

    All the best


Sign In or Register to comment.