Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 weeks PO L5 laminectomy discectomy

BMWX2BBMWX2 Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:01 AM in New Member Introductions
Well I made it to the 6 week mark. Go back to see surgeon this next week for 1st time. I am feeling pretty good but my low back is really starting to hurt, but it is a different hurt than it was right after the surgery. It seems to be pretty localized to the disc area that was operated on so just wondering if it could be the healing taking place at that area now? Pretty stiff and achy/sore in that area that wasn't there a week or so ago. I am taking medicine for muscle spasms and they put me on a steroid dose pak yesterday in case I over did it. Anyone else experience this in there recovery?
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,960
    I don't really know if anyone could answer that for you. Did you mention it to your doctor?

I did not have surgery, but a lot of pain doc got under control..finally thank you God! and then suddenly other parts of my body just started screaming...I had so much new pain.

Doc said that pain was probably there all along, but more severe pain over ride on it. And also said something about using different muscles to ambulate to compensate for the pain..then pain lessens and I use the correct muscles again and it's like they are not used to working so now that hurts anew.

I'm not sure if any of that could make sense for you. I hope you feel better soon..but when you said you're really feeling pretty good post-op..I'm so happy for you and stay optimistic that with rest and it takes time that you will feel so happy you had surgery and feel much better to encourage others! :)
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.just a quick hello and a congratulations on your recovery! it sounds as if you are doing quite well and if this problem persists, call your doctor!!he should be made aware of any pains or problems you are concerned about!! be sure and visit the forum during your recovery, it can make a long day go by alot faster.. good luck as you continue to improve! stop by anytime! Jenny :)