Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 week check up

donnaddonna Posts: 40
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello all
I had my 2 week check up last tuesday, Dr. is very happy with the progress I am making. I am going to have to wear a bone growth stimulator for a while for 4 hours per day. I hope it does not cause any pain. I am soooo very happy being pain free!!!! I am not exagerating when I tell you folks that I was in nasty nasty pain for over ten years with the last 3 being so bad I virtually stopped living. I am taking great care to not ruin my surgery but it is hard to be careful all the time. My surgery was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I know I am chattering on but I just want you to know there is hope even though it is a very scary thing to do. I will keep you posted with my progress.
Good luck to all!!!!!

• I wear a bone stimulator 12 hrs aday and I dont feel no pain from it at all. It is the size of a cell phone and I wear it on my side with the wires going under my shirt to the pads that stick to the back of my neck. I wouldnt worry about any pain.

• I am so glad to hear how well you are doing.

What surgery did you have?

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ...for you! So excellant for you being pain free .. and esp. after all those years of pain!

Best of luck with the bone stimulator and continued pain free life!

You say pain so bad before you had to virtually stop living. I'm just a little curious...what is one of the first things you are looking forward to with the pain free body of yours?

Truly happy for you, Donna! Please continue to keep us posted!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ..for the double post
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Jellyhal
    My surgery was a multi level fusion with instrumentation. He also had to clean all vertabre in neck due to nerve swelling and he also found a fracture. I think thats all. I was so excited on my check up that we did not get around to all of the details of my surgery (but it did take 4 hours longer than he estimated). We will discuss details next visit.

What I want to do first is a toss up between getting my vegetable garden started and start making a new wind turbine, I was not even able to tinker due to not much much use of right arm and hand. Also going surfing with my sister and her boyfriend. There are so many things I just can not decide. Thank you for asking.
  • It's great to hear a positive post. It is terrific that you have gotten so much relief.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Way to go Donna!

I am so happy for you, I wish you continued good health hon, after all you've been through you really deserve it.

Missy, 1 level ACDF C6/C7 Monday July 16th 2012.