Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

FCE on April 3, 2011 ACDF C4-7 on July 26, 2011

EvaEEva Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I had my FCE. Total of 3.5 hours. This is how my day was: Up at 5am, drive 90 miles, 1 hour of filling out paperwork and answering questions, ROM tests. Then, the real testing began...unscrewing/screwing in nuts and bolts, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting from and to various heights with various weights(10-40lbs.), hanging clothes pins, take test while standing, etc. Yes, it was intense because I went to my limit each time. I stopped when I felt strain in my neck.

30 minutes after test had to take vicodin and ibuprofen because I was hurting and had not had any pain meds in 24 hours. Many people recommended no pain pills before test so the pain could be felt and not over do it. Husband drove home. Relaxed with ice packs. Took another round of vicodin/ibuprofen with dinner and a flexeril at bedtime.

Up at 5am today, took tramadol at home, drive 90 miles to work and 4 hours later took second pain pill. I am very sore and stiff. I will report once I have the outcome. This seems to be a test that makes a lot of people nervous including me. Hope you all have a reduced pain day! Eva


Sign In or Register to comment.