Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back pain in the army at age 19

greenefaytishaggreenefaytisha Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
im 19 years old with DDD and im active in the US Army. i went to see my doctors four months ago, they did MRIs and Xrays but they say i have minor DDD. i still have pain and on a bus ride, the pain increase to the point i hardly could walk. that was yesterday. I went to the doctor afterwards and ran some test, unfortunately my left leg did not react like my right leg. i can walk a little better now but im still in pain. What should i do?

• interestingly, both my dad and brother were in the military and they were saying that military vehicle rides are enough to give someone hemmorhoids and back pain because they're like sitting on cement with no shocks. add gravel roads to the equation ... yikes! however, if you don't travel on military vehicles this is an entirely moot point. lol.

if i have any advice is to see your doc again and see what he/she thinks would be the next best step for you to do next. you're too young to have chronic back issues, and hopefully you can nip it in the bud. the finding that you have minor DDD is a good thing. DDD is quite common, everyone gets it as they age, but obviously for some people it comes earlier in life and progresses more rapidly than it "normally" would. please take care of yourself.

i am presuming that you are american, and even though i am canadian i'd like to say thank you for your commitment to helping to keep our countries (north america) free and safe. i salute you.