Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

11 weeks post ACDF C4-C7. Tinging in both legs and feet?

winnahwwinnah Posts: 36
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am recovering from a 3 level ACDF surgery. So far things are pretty OK with my neck, but the last couple of weeks I have noticed off and on tingling in both lower legs and feet. Its not really painful, just tingly and I notice my feet are cold most of the time. It still IS a little cold here in Oregon, but I havent noticed cold feet in the past.
I mentioned it to my NS but he just said it couldnt be from my surgery and must be from my lower back. (I also have bulging discs in my lower back, and siatica from time to time, but nothing we have really gotten into because my neck was so bad.
I am wondering if anyone else has had tingling in both feet and any suggestions of what my next step should be? Do I go to a neurologist on my own or ask my NS for a referral? Or wait awhile and see if it goes away? My PC Dr would be of NO help, after 8 visits in 9 months she still wouldnt give me a referral for a MRI for my neck, even after my arm would go numb everytime I turned my head to the left and I ended up getting an appointment for a NS on my own. By the time I saw the NS and got an MRI, he ordered me not to drive, no working and surgery ASAP, my spinal compression was that bad. My PC finally referred me to a NS after she saw copies of my MRI (pre surgery) the first opening with that hospital for a consult was May of 2013! Needless to say, I went with the NS I contacted on my own.
I think I will be switching to a PC in the same hospital group as my NS in the near future.

• Hi Winnah,

Just curious, did your symptoms subside? I ask because i am now 6 weeks out from an acdf at c 4-5 and 5-6. my recovery was immediate. the tingling went away and i was up and walking ect... right away. about 4 weeks post op i developed new tingling/burning in my left hand and both feet. dr says it is normal and part of the healing process. he says it is too early to be concerned and if it gets really bad he will prescribe a 5 day dose of steroids. I am considering doing this and i am curious as to whether your symptoms just resolved. i hope so.