Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tomorrow-May 10- ACDF Interbody, Plate, Allograft

sissyjanessissyjane Posts: 62
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:02 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
It's on tomorrow! I'm not nervous, I'm anxious to get it done. I'm having two levels 5-6-7. Two plates for more stability. Interbody and outside, because I have Osteopenia. Thankfully, he's using cadaver bone so I won't have another incision to deal with.

The only issue that I'm concerned with is swallowing, and my throat.My surgeon says they'll give me some steroids, so that might help with inflammation.

I'm so thankful for this forum. It really helped me with preperation, and the questions that I needed to doctor to answer.

Thank You All!
advertisement

Comments

• with your surgery and hope that it will go smoothly and that your recovery will be uncomplicated and swift.

I'll watch to hear how you are doing once you get home.

This forum is definately a good place to learn about spinal surgery and how to best prepare for it.

See you on the other side of surgery, once you are able to post again.

>:D< >:D< >:D<

• All the best for tomorrow and we will be think of you and carnt wait to hear of your experience, wot time is your op, I only have 9 days left till my op. Lee
  • Good luck, good luck, good luck!
    I'll send the positive vibes, prayers, warm fuzzies, etc your way.

Keep us posted on your progress.
  • I have to be there at 5:30 am.I'm first up, and I think it's at 8:00.
  • Please try to get some sleep! You need all the rest you can get. Good luck and here's wishing you a speedy recovery!
    Tracy,

Grade 4 tear in l4/l5 was missed in first MRI so did injections for a year
    SI joints "messed up" not sure if I will get them fused at a later time
    Had Open PLIF L4/L5 5/28/13
    Woke up to permanent nerve damage in legs and feet.
  • Thinking of you and sending a prayer for the surgery to go to plan.

I suspect that you are having surgery right now. I)

Hope that when you wake up your pain will be well controlled and that your recovery will be rapid and smooth.

Waiting to hear how you are when you are able to post.

>:D< >:D< >:D<

advertisement