Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Am I crazy

Rad1234RRad1234 Posts: 24
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Chronic Pain
I have to ask this as I have chronic neck pain for a long list of reasons! I'm now having lower back pain which feels like siatica... Should/can I have my whole spine checked or xrayed? I feel as though if it's not one thing, it's another, I'm either crazy or falling apart. I take endone 3x daily.... Its helping the neck issues but not my lower back, is that normal?? I have an appointment with my g.p tomorrow who is less than helpful at the best of times, I'd much rather hear from you guys! Thanks in advance ;) all advice welcome.

• I have a long hx of low back pain. I started with severe back pain in my mid Thirtys. I worked as a critical care nurse, I was very active a jogger, hunter, wife and mom. I was diagnosed with a herniated disc. At that time it was bedrest prednisone, pain meds.at age 53 I had my first mri of my back , it was a mess I have congential deformities in my spinal column. a short and then a long pedical (the bones at each level )every other one. it can lead to bulging disc and stenosis which is also hereditary. My father was in braces because his stenosis was diagnosed at a late age and he was not a good surgical candidate. also a brother who has almost lost use of one leg and refuses further surgery(wrong dr first time.I have bulging disc at pretty much every level, have had several heniated. I have had cervial fusion and lamenectomy at L 3-4 and needed it three yrs ago at levels3-6 i have an extra vertabrae as does my brother. the first lamenectomy was in 99 it helped alot.I am not someone who believes in taking pain meds I have lots of drug allergies and am very sensitive to meds. Its not the answer believe me I have had severe pain, spasms and everything that goes with stenosis. there are too many new procedures and excellent Drs. I believe in proper diagnosis and neurosurgeons. each person is unique with diff symtoms and handles pain differently. each Dr tells you something different . I go to one ofif not the best neurosurgeon in the country. he doesnt agree with the injections Steroid, because they are temporary and can cause more problems He looked at my mri and said I can help you but I can't cure you you have a disease. He helped me tremendously. for a long time. but I can,t remember a day without pain. I had to change my life style , but not stop living. It has been depressing at times and very difficut for me not to do things that makes the pain worse, because I don,t want it to control my life.I am facing surgery now I have a herniated disc at L 5 now that has caused me severe pain. iv'e gotten some relieve from a great Chiropractor. I just had an MRI and I am not getting alot of support rom my family Dr. I have aot of other serious health problems that cancelled surgery three yrs ago. but I am really tired of my limitations and I am ready to try and fix it . I just really dread the recovery period and limitations that go with it . The nerosurgeon told me three years ago that he needed to rebuild my lower back and there would be metal. I am 65 now and I do well with the surgical pain. I am on blood thinners I have had pulmonary emboli and DVTs. so its all the not fun things. I have given you my hx and its long i,m sorry. the thing is don,t let it go, do alot of research and stay in control of your care and find the right Dr do the research there as well.I wish you luck.

• Thank you! I've seen my GP as Predicted he shrugged it off. I'm angry, upset and frustrated. How much worse does it have to be before someone helps me.
  • I have had spinal problems for 30 years now. It started in the cervical area following a major head and neck injury resulting from an auto wreck. The entire body was wrenched so to speak. Five years later, the lower lumbar started giving me trouble. The neck was easily stablized but the lumbar has remained a mess and I have had five surgeries there for stablization. Regardless, I have chronic pain and am now wheelchair bound. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.