Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First Appointment

ms_zeemms_zee Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Pain Management
Hello all-

This is my very first post here. I finally got my PCP to refer me to Pain Management after years of dealing with this pain. My appointment is this morning and I wondering if anyone had any tips or great questions to ask while I'm there. I have never been to pain management before so I have no idea what to expect. Thanks in advance for any input.

SN: She also referred me to Rehab after trying to send me to PT and they told her there was nothing they could do for me until I get pain management. So today I am hopeful. Things are looking up. Triathlon here I come (fingers crossed)

• PM Dr's can help you with pain relief and also a whole host of other procedures. They are the ones who do all the various injections you read about along with discograms and other tests. They are like any other Dr in that they have a procedure list of things to try to help you. Don't be at all surprised that the Dr will want to do injections of some type. They make their money off all these tests/procedures that they do. They are also the ones that can give you the pain medicine

You will most likely be asked to sign a lengthly document agreeing to all kinds of things and from time to time you may be asked to pee in a cup. My experiences with them (3) tell me that I am a criminal and that all I'm there for is drugs. Since this has happened at every one I've been to I think its a function of their profession and the laws of the state in which you live. Just be ready for it.
  • Bkins once I went in I saw that the office setup is slightly different than the normal but that was about all. I only spoke with him for about 2-3 minutes before the visit was over. He is requesting a nerve conduction study. So once I get that done I guess I will see some pain management occur. Until then.