Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

wasnt really sure where to post this

Hi all,
Any advice from others who may have been in a similar situation would be greatly appreciated! My Neuro has told me not to drive until after we get the results of my MRIs and EEG back. I have kids and have to work and have been driving with these same symptoms that I have complained to them about for over a year now. So don't know why they suddenly decide to say I shouldn't be driving. My concern is what will I do if they permanently make this happen! ? I have to work! I cannot get city bus transport where I live because I am in a rural area. Any advice from others? Thanks in advance!
advertisement

Comments

• If you're on medication the Dr has to say that as it would be impaired driving. Do you mean you had a loss of consciousness or seizure? Why an EEG? I hope it works out for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • The neurologist doesn't want me driving because of my dizziness
    The EEG was done to see if my dizziness is partial seizures. I haven't actually fainted but I get to the point where I feel like I am about to.
  • snookiessnookie Posts: 359
    edited 08/01/2012 - 3:57 PM
    I have epilepsy and it is quite common for them to ask you to stop driving if a seizure is suspected, and here in Canada they can take away your license for a year after one. Seizures can also happen while your are awake, they used to be called petite malls, the name has changed now, and I can't remember what they are called now. I have grand mal seizures, luckily rarely, and what helps me is that I have aura's beforehand, my head gets fuzzy (sorry only way I can describe it) and my vision gets blurry. If I get to close to having one sometimes I can only see the top half of a persons face, which is really strange. Luckily for me as long as I eat right, watch my stress, and sleep enough I can manage without medication, however this is harder as a chronic pain patient. Also my EEG didn't show anything, however the Dr's said that quite often they don't. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Hopefully you feel better soon.
  • Wow! Your description of symptoms is very similar to what I experience. I.don't lose half a persons face but I get the fuzzy feeling in my head which was exactly how I described the feeling (which is very hard to put into words) to my PCP and then I get very dizzy and faint feeling but never actually faint. Sometimes everything will look gray as if I have walked inside a dim room from being out in the bright sun.

My stress is if they take away my driving through the DMV then I won't be able to work. I have my follow up appointment tomorrow. I called the nurse to try to get some answers early and she said my acetycholine blood work from two weeks ago wasn't back yet? Hmmm? Odd. And that my EEG hadn't been reviewed yet. And what really irritated me was that.the MRI that was repeated due to being questionable and not being clear enough.to determine a diagnosis (was it MS or.congenital) was "stable ".

Thank you for.your post! I will keep you update and please excuse.the.crazy punctuation. Love the touch screen phones!
  • DanaTX7DDanaTX7 Posts: 2
    edited 10/06/2012 - 10:41 AM
    I had my first (and hope my only) grand mal seizure earlier this month. I had experienced an "aura" - brightness from the sun really caught my eyes, then the "whirlwind" started in my vision, then into my ears... I pulled my head down and averted the seizure (didn't know that at the time.) Then, about two weeks later, at a kid's birthday party in the park... same thing... sunlight through the trees caught my eyes, whirlwind in eyes, then ears...neck just started pulling backwards - I could NOT pull my head up or forward to stop it. Had a grand mal seizure. Doc says no driving until we get the results of the EEG. Guess they weren't too concerned, seizure on 9-8, EEG scheduled for 10-26! He said not to take Keppra RX until AFTER results of the EEG. So, I feel your pain on the "no driving" part - but, I would never want to hurt anyone in case it happened while I was driving! I have no idea why I had that seizure - pretty healthy, good weight, 52 years old. Wonder if it could be stress? Hormonal? Any ideas why this would happen out of the blue? Anyone take Keppra? I'm new to this forum - hope I posted correctly.
    DanaTX7
advertisement