Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Arm pain advice

I'm 29, male. Just over a week ago I had some minor pain in my shoulder, It ached on and off, I thought I had just pulled something. Since then it has slowly got worse, with pain in my my shoulder and radiating down my arm into my elbow. It gets to the point in the evening now that, without any pills, I almost cant move; Its like someone constantly has a knife buried in my arm and when I move even slightly, they sharply twist it.

I went to my doctor and he said it was probably something in my neck related to C7, and referred me to a physio. I have been 3 three times to the physio and they have taped my shoulder, told me to gently stretch my neck every hour, and given me some massage / ultrasonic massage.

I am currently taking 6 or more 200mg Ibuprofen a day, and it does ease the pain a lot, but I am wary of taking it consistently.

I have been doing a lot of reading around, and this looked like a good forum.

Apart from the Ibuprofen, I don't see any results from anything at the physio, neck stretching etc, and it just seems to be getting steadily and rather quickly worse. I thought I would ask here people with experience, if anyone has any advice that could help me deal with this in the best way.

• When I get this, which is becoming more frequent, it is from a pinched nerve in the neck.
    Repetitive arm movement is the trigger.
    Physio does a few things, best one is gentle loosening of the cervical joints. She hones in immediately on the sore points and works on them.
    A remedial massage afterwards is also of great benefit to get the associated muscles knot free.

This sort of thing should gradually get better by itself, but recurrence easy to bring about.

Suggest a regular physio session to loosen spine joints. Call it a maintenance program.