Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How to apply for SSDI if unable to complete app

Im going through such extreme depression and pain that I am literally frozen and unable to comprehend the application for SSDI. I have mental difficulties that prevent me from coming up with the right words to even use. It takes hours just to type a message on here sometimes. Maybe I have a mental illness worse than depression?? I don't know...

Is there a way to get an assistant to help you fill out the application? I should have done it years ago. :(

• Hi did you get any help I see your post is several weeks old. If you still need help ask or send a PM
  • Thanks for replying. I haven't been on here for a while. Do you have any advice?
  • Just dont share any personal information with anyone you dont know from here or anywhere else for that mater,
    There are social workers that can help you aply or posibly sit down with a ssi attorney who can help you get aproved and they dont ask for any fee up front only if you get aproved will they take a fee out of your ssdi check!

Many people take that option as sometimes there is a lot of paperwork involved and most get denied 1 st time and have to apeal so often its worth having someone handling it who knows the ssi laws and system,

But no personal information should be shared for each members protection as always we always need to be aware and remember we are on the internet and none of us know each other being spine health members and members come and go, We are often easy targets due to our injury and pain and sadly at times that can be used against us in ways we would never expect!

Scams, identity theft, con games are on the rise due to our economy so everyone needs to be aware and be alert and trust nobody, Not even your mother! Ok maybe not your mother but my mother. Lol

People with disability are at higher risk along with the elderly,
    As a few might know i am dealing with such issue as we speak as myself and my significant other fell to a con artist who i would of never thought would dare run a con game on us but it hapened and my disability spine issue opened that door of opertunity for them i feel as they see disabled as a weakness and jumped on the chance to defraud,

Sadly some see person with spine injury as less of a threat and thinking maybe the whoopass factor element is gone,
    And now i am here to prove soon as the legal part of punishment is over working with the states attorneys office and attorney general, Not only will the money be paid back, Thats just the start as the can of whoopass comes later as its not nice to fool mother nature! Enough said,

Point is hire someone to do any legal maters before sharing personal information on the internet!
    Best of luck!
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 09/21/2012 - 7:02 PM
    The SSDI paper work can be more then many people can handle. If you can get around I would suggest you visit two or three attorneys that handle SSA disability claims. They do not have to be a attorney to do your claim they can be advocates that do it, personally I would stick with a attorney that only does SSDI claims. A case can take from a few months to many years to finish. If you visit a few attorneys you will get a idea from there about your chances of being approved. Keep in mind they only get paid if you are approved and then are paid from your back pay only with a few exceptions on medical records cost. They can handle all the paper work if you can't. If you feel like yu know what your doing you can go to a SSA office and they will help you out.

Keep in mind to get approved for SSDI you and your medical records have to prove that you can not do any job for at least a12 month period or longer. If you are interested send a PM to me and I will tell you the name of a really good site for disability information. Its just a forum not a service and you can read a lot and get a better idea if this is what
    you want to do. It is not a easy process but is there if needed.