Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

introduction for lardsgirl

hi..I am 56 years old and slowly recovering from a horse riding accident...I have been riding for more than 50yrs.....anyway last spring I was warming up a show horse I had been conditioning and she spooked when a 4-wheeler backfired outside the indoor riding arena...She went over about 5 feet and I did a cartwhell and landed on my head...had a helmet on and it broke on impact...the ground was frozen....about 2 inches of sand and frozen underneath.....dislocated three fingers, concussion, broke all the ribs in the back and 4 crushed ribs in the front tore the intercostal muscles between the ribs...punctured my lung and burst frcture of T12 and two fractures on my pelvis......have rods and fused from T10-L2....This has been a real ride...no pun intended.....was in a drug induced coma for pain relief for 3 weeks.....when I was weaned off the vent I went to Rehab...then home...have Pt twice a week and can now drive... Horses are my passion but that has to change now...

even went back to work as a Sign language interpreter for my School district for 4 hours on monday...BUT....how do I control the pain...Drugs are costing toooo much!
Dorrie Meyer

• I just want to welcome you to the community. This website is full of info and the forum is very supportive. There is a section on pain management that you may find useful. Here is a little bit of info about myself, I am fused from L3-L5. I also had a terrible staph infection that left me barely able to walk. I had to use a walker for several months. I do have a herniated disc at L5-S1. I still have sciatica in my legs and will be having myelogram in October if I am still hurting. Well, I just wanted to introduce myself and welcome to you to the spine health community.

Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.