Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help! what is wrong with me?

hi, i am a 16 year old male who has been working out for a little over a year now. i started having upper spine stiffness where the pain is more of a severe stiff feeling and like everything is being compressed and like my spine needs to be straightened out. the only time where i feel like i get full relief is when i lay straight on my back, it feels as if all of the pressure is released and is relaxed. recently my spine started to pop every time i sit up straight and take a deep breath in. the presure and stiffness feels like it is getting worse and i am really worried i am damaging myself somehow, the pain has been going on now for about 7 months.

• Hi and welcome.
    Speaking to your GP would be a good starting point. Your symptoms could be something or nothing, but as they have persisted for some months you should get yourself checked out.

Whatever happens, it is a good thing that you are thinking about what damage you might be doing to your spine at such a young age and if you keep up this level of awareness, you are bound to reap the benefits in later life.

Don't wait till you are old and worn out, like most of us here, before taking care of your spine. Once damage has been done it can only be patched up, never restored to its original state. Like a car engine, if you look after it from new it will last for ever. If you abuse it you will be for ever spending time and money trying to keep it going.

You can buy a new car. you can't buy a new spine.

I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
  • At 16 years old if it started only from working out and you had no issues before hand might be just from the way you are working out and you are maybe not conditioned for the kind of workout you are doing,

Stiffness could be simply muscle tone issues but of course if you feel its something more serious only way to know is see a dr and get an xray or mri,
    Or simply stop working out and give it a rest and see if it helps, Good luck.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,