Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help

sophiahosophiaho Posts: 1
edited 10/30/2012 - 5:28 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi Sir, Madam

I am Sophia Ho (Vietnamese name: Ho Thi Bach Phuong), i was born 1979 and come from a city of the South Viet Nam, Can Tho city

I write this letter to ask you to help me in the urgent situation. I have got serious disease but I am not sure how to show that by English name.

I will present all the status of the body and the profile of the hospital where I were treated with the MRI pictures. And the translation of the text from the hospital

_ Neck pain, shoulder and arm pain
_ Neck, shoulders cannot rotate
_ Hand is weakening (the left hand is weaker than the right)
_ The left eyelid is collapsed gradually (current: smaller a half than before)
_ Urination: have to wait about 3 minutes to pee
_ Stool: until writing this letter is 5 days, I cannot stool, although having drinks and food as normal

And these ones are medicine I used from the hospital (for 10 days)
_ Medrol 10 tablets
_ Omez 20 tablets
_ Magne-B6 20 tablets
_ Ultracet 20 tablets
Please have a look and help me accept the patient to come for treatment and show me the price for prepare, for me to get the full documents to go for treatment. Thank you so much.

• Hi Sophia,

Welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find others whom have the same situation as yourself. As far as diagnosing what is wrong with you, no one here can do that as we are all just patients ourselves. The one thing that is missing is what the MRI results were and what you understood the diagnoses to be? Typically pain radiating into the arms and shoulders comes from the cervical(neck) spine. Have a look at the video section the one describing a herniated disc in the neck, and it should explain it. You can also look at a dermtone chart and see if any of the pain you are having follows those pathways. You can google dermatone chart to find one.

Sometimes rest helps with it, and or using heat or ice will help with the pain. There are some light stretches that you can do with your arms that might help as well. However I am only assuming you have a herniated disc by your description, but the results of the MRI would be the best measure if you do or don't.

Some of the symptoms you describe sound like when I had a herniated disc and the pressure it was placing on the nerve roots. Nerves are kind of funny in that where they are compressed is not where the pain is, however the pain is referred or radiates out towards another place in the body, such as the arms and shoulders on the cervical spine, where as the lumbar spine radiates towards the legs.

I am sure some additional information will help much more, as concerned to the MRI results, and what the diagnoses the hospital gave.

Just thought i would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to pm(the tab at the top of the page that says inbox). Hope your feeling better, please keep us updated.