Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 week wait for next mri

Hi all, went for my appointment today, saw surgeon, who thinks my lower back pain and walking misery is due to stenosis at lower level, nothing to do with my neck which he is really happy with.... (he changed the goal posts today with the residual myelopathy pain and said we had to wait 2 years before we could say it wont improve!) he is ordering an mri (thats what i thought i was going for today!) so thats another 6 weeks then 2 weeks before results. but he says he wont operate until the nerves are settled from my neck op. at least we will know whats going on i suppose, i want to have a good cry i feel so much frustration. an early night in order i think... hope you all have had a better day x

advertisement

Comments

• jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,372
    edited 11/01/2012 - 6:33 AM
    I know those disappointing and frustrating appointments where you don't seem to move forward and it all seems like a waste of time. You go with hopes of finding out what is causing the pain, or forming a plan to deal with the pain, and when you just have to do more waiting it feels horrible.

I wish I could give you a hug. xxx
  • susabellssusabell Illinois Posts: 241
    I am sorry to hear this news, I agree with jellyhall the Waiting is so very Frustrating. I hope you feel some
    relief soon. My lower back hurts also, I try and do stretches that found via tam tam and a yoga link. It is
    so hiorrible to live with this pain. I wake up with horrible pain every morning, I ache all over.

Gentle Hugs,
    Susie
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • Joe241JJoe241 Posts: 185
    edited 11/01/2012 - 4:30 PM
    Hi Tina I am so sorry that you are enduring more spine issues, it really sucks doing what doctors say and still have pain. The frustration and depression that are buddies with pain can hit really hard and all at the same time. Please come here to vent and let it all out all of us know how you feel and really do care about strangers. Post anything if it helps you feel better, hell you can blame me for everything you can't hurt my feelings, I've been married almost 19 years to a woman that I have zero personal, spiritual or physical relationship with. I was also told everything I say, do or think is wrong. I do not drink, smoke, do drugs, hit her or cheat on her but you would think I was a scumbag, but I have two daughters and am staying for them, but I don't know how much longer I can hold on. Sorry now I'm rambling on your thread, maybe I am a scumbag, lol. Take care Tina and remember we are here for you. Friendly hugs to you, Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.