Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Horners syndrome

I had a 4 level cervical fusion C-3 thru 7 a little over 2 weeks ago with a long vertical incision on the right side of my neck. My right eye is droopy and the pupil is smaller and the vision is extremely weak. The surgeon dismissed it but I found this site discovering that it fits the description of Horner's syndrome. I am wondering if I should simply wait to see if it improves or seek advice and if so, from an optomologist? I also was surprised that this was not discussed as a possible side effect. Any treatments anyone is aware of or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Promise to post outcome when and if improvements come about.

• RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 11/05/2012 - 8:48 PM
    Hi sorry to hear the Horners Syn has come up A mistake was made putting in a central feeding line for my dad and they hit the nerves and the artery in his neck causing Horners. At first it looked like a stroke to one side of his face. We later found out no stroke just a incident in placement of the line. The good news for him is that the side of his face recovered but the eyelid and pupil did not. You may want some medical advice from another doctor so if something can be done you don't wait to long. My dads issues were 20 years ago, maybe they have some help now.
    Did they have to give you blood? You may need eye drops also as his eye would dry out all the time

Sorry no good news but I hope your fusion went well