Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back to work today ;(

Happy Monday!
Today is my first day back to work on a very limited basis. I'm starting out 4 hours per day, 4 days per week. I'm about 9 weeks out from my latest surgery which was posterior fusion C4-C7 with instrumentation. I also had a 2 level ACDF back in June of this year which failed. I'm was feeling pretty good but sitting at a desk today has brought on muscle spasms, headache and I'm exhausted. Is anyone else back to work? How is it going for you? What type of ergo changes did you make to be more comfortable? Any advise is greatly appreciated!

• What is work ? Is that like a job ? I think i remember working and having a job long ago ! Those were the good old days,
    Legs actualy was working and did not hurt, Geting off work and still being able to go out for a few drinks and party,

Oh how times have changed and who would of known i would be this cripple at my age !

Oh sorry i dont have any advise as i had failed back surgery and not neck issue,
    But glad you were able to get back to your job so soon after your surgery,
    Its probably the best idea to try to get back in the swing of things,

My guess would be dont sit too long in 1 position and move around as needed,
    Do you have a neck brace you can put on once in a while if you are not in 1 already ?
    You can always ask the boss for neck massage to help with stifness and might help with the headache !
    Then have someone take a picture and sue him for sexual harrasment ,

Hope this helps and good luck on your recovery !
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I've been off work since July 13 (a Friday). I had to have a revision lumbar PLIF in August. I had to wait a month for surgery after going of work. I'm still in recovery mode as I cannot last much beyond 11:00 am on my best days. After that, the spasms kick in and that is the end of my day. On a brighter note, I started PT two weeks ago. I'm still limited to a couple of basic stretching exercises, and have to give myself a day or two between sessions. Still, anything is better than nothing.
    Disability retirement
  • Thanks for responding! I have been off work since May 17, 2012. I can only work a 4 hour day and then the spasms start up again. I'm wearing my neck brace and using ice as much as possible. I figured I would try to get back to work as long as they have agreed to my reduced work schedule. I'm also hoping to start some PT but my surgeon has stated he doesn't usually like people to do PT. I hope I can slowly build up my body to be able to work more hours, the long term disability payments just aren't enough ;(