Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tightness and pressure 10wks after fusion surgery..is it normal?

Hello everyone..I have a question I hope someone could help me with..I had lower Back L3/4 fusion surgery 10 wks ago..I feel that it fixed the leg pain I was having but I have such a feeling of pressure most of the time at the surgical site..like its so full in there and when I sit on the couch or chair it feels like it compresses..does anyone know if that is a normal feeling at this point?

• 5 mths out and still love my hot packs to release the tightness, highly recommend them to you.

When you press on the incision, is there bad pain?
  • No, there isn't bad pain ,it just feels like a large fist in my incision, which is approx. 9 inches long. I don't see my surgeon until Feb. 6th..
  • I'm sorry you have that tightness too but it's such a relief to know that maybe it's not so abnormal..I was afraid something was terribly wrong..
  • Hi Patty!
    How are you doing? How is your complaint of the incision site now? Are you still experiencing the same as you mentioned in your initial post? I would like to hear from you since I think I am going thru the same now!

• and i am still having the symptoms that you describe ,i told my consultant that it feels like someone is bending a hose pipe and there is pressure when i bend or sit i feel like my legs are going to explode and my top half feels very uncomfortable .also my feet swell if i have been bending [as if to wash the wheels on the car ] he said its normal but he is sending me for a CT scan ..i don't think its normal .but i am glass half empty though!!
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014