Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question on MRI

I am not sure if I an posting this to the right forum.

I am a 29 year old male with upper-back pain for last 3 years, with no known history of accidental injury, trauma, or disease. I have talked to a chiropractor, PT, and a neurosurgeon with no luck.

Here is the MRI scan of my neck area from 09/11:

After looking at the scan, a neurosurgeon concluded that there is no disc herniation or anything major with this part of the spine. He suspected that the very minor bulges in C5/C6 and C6/C7 may be the cause of pain but said that is highly unlikely. He suggested physiotherapy.

I am looking for guidance from other folks who might have gone through a similar problem. Is there anything noticeable in the MRI? What are my further options to diagnose the condition?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    to provide any MRI or other diagnostic test interpretations. No one here is qualified to do this. That information needs to come from a qualified medical professional.

The only thing that we can do here is provide our own personal experiences regarding tests and spinal situations.

But one thing holds true not only for spinal tests but any test....
    Minor, Moderate or Severe.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • davrunnerddavrunner Posts: 478
    edited 01/09/2013 - 10:43 AM
    One thing you will probably run across several times is that where one person has "minor" issues and is in pain if you did mri randomly from people on the street you will get people that would be termed "major" and they have no pain.
    My journey started in my early 40s (2003 - 2006) I had several MRIs over a couple of years where they would tell me that issues were "minor" and non surgical and sent me to physical therapy. PT helped with some of the stiffness and lessened the pain and after completing I'd be ok for about a year until the pain would drive me back to the doc. Finally about 2007 after changing surgeons one ordered a myelogram due to loosing strength in my left arm and found the culprit leading to a laminectomy in 2008.
    If you can work with physio and releave the pain hopefully you can build up supporting muscles where you can prevent the need for or at least postpone surgery.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched