Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi I have been on the site a while now-probably driving mysef crazy looking up all my symptoms possible outcomes etc so thought I would post here to see ia anyone is or has been in a similar situation to me and to hear their story!

In 2007 I eventually saw a consultant as I believed I had injure my back as I was getting severe back pain and leg pain-couldnt even drive-had no accident or anything-it just went! Anyway-the consultant looked at me and without even an examination at that stage-told me I had a cervical problem.He examined me and sent me for a cervical MRI where it turned out I had a bulging dsic compressing between C5/C6. I had been having physio before seeing the consultanmt which made things worse and had tried various painkillers-gabapentin/pregablin/amitrypiline-nothing shifted the pain! My consultant wanted to see how things went and a couple of months after-my pain abated.

It never fully went away and perhaps a year or so after-have memory problems now due to the tablets! I got severe left arm pain-couldnt lift it or bear for it to be touched-any slight movement was agony. Anyway back on the waiting list to see my consultant-took ages to see him and when I finally got there again the pain had settled down somewhat.

Again I was discharged. During my good periods I have to mention that my lower back was very painful-couldnt stand in one spot for more than a few minutes waithout it hurting. I also got intermittent right arm and hand pain.

A year or so later pain back again-this time in my right leg, arm and hand, neck and back as usual- I eventually saw the consultant again-another cervical MRI-a cervical nerve root injection-no relief from this-he thought it was a bit strange as the pain was on my right side and the compression was the left and again asked me to wait to see if it settled down-he said he could operate but didnt think it would provide much relief .Saw him just after xmas 2011 and it had settled a little and I could bear it. Again discharged.
Fast forward a couple of months and my pain was back, right leg, hand, knee, back of my knee, right calf, both thumbs,left knee, which is now very bad when I'm walking upstairs. Right shoulder blade feels like a hot sharp poker being put in.I went through the referral process again, various blood tests etc and found to be B12 deficient.Had injections and now on them for life.They werent sure I think if it wasnt some kind of arthritis, but the blood tests ruled this out. My local hospital sent me for a full spinal MRI just before xmas and I have discovered that according to my GP who discussed the report with me that I have multiple prolapses and a compression at T5/T6. I am not sure how long I have had this problem as I have only just had the full MRI.My Gp thinks I may have to have some kind of supportive surgery on my back as basically he says my discs are slipping and my spine is dropping-and also not sure about the original ADF surgery too.I have been referred to a pain management clinic where I have tried pain patches-had to take it off as it made me so ill-a tens machine-hasnt helped and been booked in for acupuncture. I have a date finally for my consultant on the 6th of March. I am now at the end of my tether with the pain-its not just in one area which I could maybe cope with more(forgot to mention I always have headaches!) .I sometimes sit and cry its so bad.I hate myself for moaning but know that I just can't go on in so much pain.I am still working as I cant afford to be off work and think I may need time if I have any kind of op.
Any thoughts anyone-been in a similar situation? Am i exxagerating-feeling sorry for myself?!
PS Sorry its so long!!