Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

radiofrequency cevical

hi everyone,
im new to this type of thing. iwas wondering if anyone has had 5 done on each side.c2,3,4,5 and optical nerve)
i had my right side done 4 weeks ago tommarro and was schedualed for the right side on tues. it was set for only 2 weeks after my first one,and had to rescedual, i am still not recovered from that one and am very nervous about doing this appointment!
i think i feel a bit more hopeful if i was recovered from the 1st surgery and actualy knew if some relief in site.
the procedure is painful but after almost 6 years of getting worse,i will do anything to try to get my life back!
any advice/experiance would be greatly apprciated. thankyou.
also, i have ddd,scoliosis,stenosis,arthritis and fibro. its so much to take in and gets overwhelming at times.but i try to remain hopefull. thanks again,pain stinks!

• How do you mean you did not recover from first procedure ?
    The procedure you mention is for pain control and is not realy major surgery ,
    I had many done for my lumbar and it's to see if the procedure can help reduce the pain ,

Recovery time from the procedure should not be a very long one ,
    So do you mean maybe the procedure has not helped at all or maybe made it worse is the reason you feel you have not recovered yet ?

If enough time was given for this procedure to give results on the 1 side to get at least a little beter but it has not helped, You might want to talk with your doctor to make sure he knows about it ,

Unless he is doing this for testing to see which side gives you beter results,

Few times I was able to get some relief from this procedure to my lumbar but there has been once or twise it made things worse I think due to they hit the wrong nerve just to see if that nerve is involved also,

I am not an expert but to me it seems when wrong nerve is done as they test it when they are not sure, those are the nerves that don't like it and would explain why it would make a person worse untill that nerve calms down again,

You have to remember this procedure does not totaly kill off the nerve as some people think , This is why some can get longer term releif and other very short term as the nerve is not dead,

Probably best way to describe it I would think is shooting Botox in a nerve would numb it but it would wear off after a while,

So just make sure you tell your doctor if the procedure has not helped at all or made it worse so he knows what to do as only way he will know is good comunication from you to him ,

Best of luck,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • what i ment to say is it has been 4 weeks since i had the "burning" of the 5 nerves on my right side in my neck.
    i was wondering if i should still feel kind of raw in that area.(expecially the nape of my neck)
    have the appointment for the left side tomarro at 8am.
    i dont feel much different. pain still there,but my shoulder does seem to relax a bit more.
    the pain after the procedure is going down,but i dont feel much improvment otherwise.
    still taking the same pain meds. i guess im just hoping that maybe i just need a little more time, then relief will be on the way.
    thankyou for your advice, and wish you all good health!