Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back pain 2 weeks post L4-5 discectomy

Had micro-discectomy 2 weeks ago and recovery seemed to be going very well. In the surgery they pulled out a 2 inch piece of disc material that came out of the left side of the disc but was pushing on the thecal sack with most of the pain and numbness on the right side. Yesterday I started getting numbness while standing that got worse unless I laid down. This morning I tried to put my shoe on by lifting my right leg and crossing it over the left leg. I felt immediate pain in the back and shooting down the leg and around my hips and abdomen. It literally took my breath away. I tried to walk but I needed to lie down. I've iced the back and am lying down right now. Is it possible that I re-herniated the disc or did I just irritate the nerve or incision area?

• No way could I put on my sock two weeks after my micro! I still can't bend my leg right and I am 9 months post surgery. Your body has healing to do, take it easy. Just be sure you aren't lifting anything heavier than a milk jug, no BLT's, bending, lifting or twisting.
  • flowerpotsfflowerpots Posts: 379
    edited 02/23/2013 - 11:38 AM
    Im having alot of work done March 13th they are cutting front and back.I know they told me after surgery no bending or twisting for a while.I hope you didnt reinjure it.Read alot of the post you will find help here, we are here for each other.best of luck Kathy
    Kathy B
This discussion has been closed.