Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Qualifying for disability

I'm just wondering what everyones thoughts are on disability and if they think I would have a good chance of qualifying for it. I've had lower back issues for 10+ yrs where my left leg goes numb, I also had confirmed 2 bulged disc in my neck about 5 yrs but it stem's from an accident 15yrs ago. As of 6/27/12 I was in another accident and now have extreme neck and upper back pain as well as increased issues with my lower back. I have 4 bulged disc's in my neck, 2 bulged disc and 1 herniated disc in thorasic area with Disc Degeneration and a bulged disc in lumbar region. I have been going to therapy since the accident so 10+ months already and only very mild improvement. I can't sleep as my arms will go numb so I toss and turn. I can't sit for longer than 30 minutes without being in extreme pain and can't stand for longer than 15-20 minutes before I get extreme pain in my lower back and eventually my left leg will go numb. So, right now I'm off work for 9 weeks to go thru another therapy program and getting short term disability. My job is a sitting at a computer for 8hrs a day which is impossible for me to do. I can't even sit at home very long without having to get up and move around. With the bulged disc and herniated disc any way I would qualify for disability? I don't see how I will ever be able to sit for very long as well as not able to type for very long. Oh and I'm also on anti-depressants now because of the pain, I've had 2 spinal steroid injections and going in for a third soon. Any help or suggestions welcome!