Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Shots? I am afraid

AlsmomAAlsmom Posts: 32
edited 08/22/2013 - 7:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
If I am someone who gets a 5 day migrane from a md or pt just touching my neck to check range of motion or can no longer use shampoo sink at hairdresser because I will next day start a 4-5 day migrane/muscle tension headache, don't you think facet shots or cervical esi will cause me a major problem? I have narrow disc space and nerve involvement at c4-5 c5-6 ( also arthropathy at T5...MS, Fibro, TMJ, cerebral aneurysms ). I take 6-8 hydrocodone + 3 10mg oxicontin daily. I have daily headache - over 45 years and jaw neck R shoulder most of every day. My history is written under my name.
Looking for yay or nay to shots. Also, suggestions for possible better pain control with meds. See new pain doc Sept 4. Thank you and bless you for reading this. Alsmom

• needrepairsnneedrepairs Posts: 5
    edited 08/23/2013 - 8:30 PM
    I get ESI's two to three times a year and trigger point shots as many times as they allow. I also have migraines I am sure they are from my cervical discs and my sinuses - but I have only had one "spinal headache" after one esi. It was one of my first and I got up too soon and moved around. They recommend u lie flat as much as possible after the procedure.

The facet shots never trigger a headache. I received 10 last visit. Painful yes but worth the minimalp relief I get.

Ps my teenage daughter has the SAME cervical area affected and just went through a series od trigger shots. She did fine! Although she is terrified of needles.