Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Good news from Rose

Tomorrow it will be 10 weeks post op for me with 3 lamenectomies for stenosis, foot drop and CES

I woke up this morning to a weird feeling in my calf ( same leg as the numb foot drop)

Felt like

Buzzing with bugs crawling on my calf......but very lightly, almost tickling sensation

But then felt some small sensations in the BIG TOE of my foot drop

My big toe has been "frozen and unmoveable" for 2-3 years

Wow! Maybe this is nerve damage regenerating? Nerve damage healing?

I am CAUTIOUSLY OPTOMISTIC and smilinggggggg

I will take each and every "baby step" of nerve damage healing..1mm at a time

• I'm so happy for you!!! It nice to hear GOOD NEWS for a change.

L4-L5 Herniated 02-02-2013 (Slipped on Ice)
    L4-L5 MicroD 08-07-2013, Reherniated 10-21-2013
    L4-L5 MicroD Revision 10-07-2013, Reherniated 10-17-2013
    L4-L5 PLIF/TLIF 10-02-2013
    Released From Surgeon & All Restrictions 03-06-2014
  • This is great news. I hope it continues to improve for you.
    40 year old mom
    Tlif July 18
  • stenosisRosesstenosisRose Posts: 489
    edited 10/21/2013 - 1:04 PM
    To see my big toe move a little GAVE ME HOPE

My surgery was to prevent paralysis, I was hoping for reversable of nerve damage, but not very optimistic.
    Didnt want to be dissapointed so was thinking that the damage was PERMANENT.

BUT MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, my compressed nerves maybe regenerating.....?

Thanks for your support and encouragement

• Helen3Helen3 Posts: 205
    edited 10/21/2013 - 11:10 PM
    I bet u were smiling! :)
  • I keep checking that BIG TOE and it still is moving a little....

Its exciting to say the least.....

Thanks to all for the support and encouragement

Hugs, prayers and Hershey Kisses
  • BigRBBigR Posts: 48
    edited 10/22/2013 - 5:32 AM
    Awesome news Rose. Prayers get answered how and when He wants them answered but He does answer them.... :)
    5 MRIs since 2010 | Severe DDD throughout entire Lumbar Region | Facet Arthrosis throughout | Spinal Canal Stenosis | Herniation L4/L5 | Broad - Based Bulging L1/L2, L2/3, L3/L4 - but still kicking - just not very high. :)
  • So glad to here how you are coming along Rose. Under the weather with bad cold, you know how that goes.

• That's great news.Sounds like the nerves are regenerating!!!!!!Hope you continue to get good news.Happy for you kathy
    Kathy B
  • Yes, my frozen stiff BIG TOE is still now moving up and down a bit and I get excited when I see the movement with my own eyes, but

My back/butt still hurts and I did not have this pain before the surgery.

Sure, I am thrilled that my big toe and foot drop is getting stronger, but at what price?

Now to have back pain that I haven't had in a few years?

This is NOT fair, one part heals and another part of the body has pain?

Oh well, tomorrow is another day...have a good one my friends

• Hang in there Rose. Hopefully the back pain is temporary.
    Throughout my recovery, I had occasional back flare ups and neck flare ups that rivaled my pre-op flare ups. And the flare ups would last a week or two, but then my overall pain would decrease permanently... for the most part. They typically occurred every couple months, almost on schedule.

Great news about your foot !