Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any Sept. Cervical Surgery Buddies Still In Pain?

Hi All,
I am a little over 7 wks out now from 2 cervical fusions C5-C7 and still having quite a bit of pain. Was wondering if there are others out there experiencing the same thing. Pain med helps some but does not take it all away. Immediately after surgery pain that had been going down each arm into elbow etc was gone, but I am sorry to say it has begun to come back. My left shoulder & arm are the worst. My neurosurgeon has referred me to an Ortho Group to get shoulder(s) checked out. He also said it could be my ulnar nerve. Praying things will get better soon. Feeling a little overwhelmed with the continued pain. Would love to chat sometime with anyone going through similar results. Take care & hope to hear from some of you soon.

• Hi - I had the double ACDF C5-C7 in February. Surgery itself was not so bad. Recovery was a little rough but to be expected. I was in a neck collar for 4 months. I still haven't recovered either from my prior symptoms. I had severe spinal stenosis, severe dddd which completely crushed the nerve on the right side. I had severe neuropathic pain in the right arm and hand. I can't write, turn a key, hold a fork properly without cringing in pain.

I was very disappointed that all the same symptoms were still there. My surgeon who is pretty awesome regardless keeps reminding me that the surgery itself was to prevent any further damage and paralysation. I too am now having symptoms going across the neck and shoulders. I get numbness in my shoulder, neck and head with intermittent numbess down the left side as well. Waiting to have a brain MRI and another spinal MRI. Did you have lower back problems as well with extreme leg pain.

I too am so fed up with the pain. At times I can't even was my hair or hold a cup. I know that most people wake up and are cured but I guess you and I are not that lucky. My neuro says it can still happen but it could take years. I don't think the outcome is going to be that positive so I'm working on pain management. It takes 7 months to get in to see them and my appointment is not until January.

I would be interested in hearing how you are doing.
  • Thanks for posting. Yes, seems the symptoms from before surgery that I thought were gone for good after surgery have come back. I do have back pain which has not gotten better since my lumbar fusion 7 years ago. I am praying that my pain will lessen in time, but have a gut feeling I may be dealing with added pain for the duration. Problem with pain management clinics is all the help is so temporary & so many of the things that are to help just seem to give me more pain. Only thing getting me through at this point is my faith in the Lord. He has been my stay & is faithful to provide for my needs. Praying you too will find relief my friend. I have found a little understanding can go a long way. So thankful to find people who can understand the pain I am enduring. Be sure to continue posting it can help others know they are not alone.