Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for some advice and just saying hello.

Hello everyone, its nice to be involved in a discussion forum with those who know how serious chronic pain can impact the quality of life that we so desire to live. My name is Louis. I wanted to let all of you know. Im starting my own technique to help me deal with the pain caused by a number of conditions. Any advice/techniques that you have found helpful would be very supportive and helpful to me. Now I have dealt with chronic pain since I was 16. I am now 20. 4 years I know doesnt seem like much but in those 4 years I didnt realize the damage I was doing to my back. Now the pain at times becomes unbearable to the point I throw up. I do have a drug abuse history. But after a legal prescription of a lot of opiate pain relievers, in which I became addicted, I have chose not to use painkillers other than advil, tylenol, asprin, and naproxin. The MJ helps 2ith the pain. But to be honest im tired of the constant being high and its always a coin toss with the mj, one night it works thr next it makes it 50x worse. Now the biggest pain I have is that damn nerve im sure 99% of you despise, sciatic. Anyway, here is a list of what exactly it is....

Chronic back pain caused by L4/L5 disc narrowing
Spine obifida occulta (spine turning horizontal, no sign of vertical curve.
Moderate sciatica caused by narrowing disc/spinal curve

Now this was all discovered by my last doctor whom completly dropped me as a patient. Saying we dont handle chronic pain anymore. This was right after i started following the steps to get the treatment that would be best for me. I made it to physical therapy for 2 months. It was then decided it was making the problem worse.
The sciatica has become worse in the last week.

Chronic back pain caused by L5 disc narrowing
Spine obifida occulta (spine turning horizontal, no sign of vertical curve.)
Moderate sciatica caused by narrowing/curve.