Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I had Microdiscectomy on Feb. 6 2014
I have had a lot of pain. Before surgery i only hurt while standing especially late in the day. i could ride my bike for 100 miles and never hurt but i decided to have surgery because the MRI was a slam dunk L4-L5 herniation, nerve being compressed also i was told i had spinal stanosis.
One day after surgery i had extreme pain down left leg to the bottom of my foot. Next day dead leg could not lift my left foot in upward direction at all. Before surgery i could walk on my heals with no problem now not at all it has been almost 5weeks i still suffer much more than before surgery. My doc says give it time nerves take time but i don't understand why i still suffer sciatic pain the nerve should be decompressed and yet 5weeks later i hurt. i have a follow up with surgeon Feb 24 will not be told to give it time...i want and answer. if it is scar tissue take an MRI and let me see otherwise what should i do??